While pregnancy can be considered as an experience that is rewarding for most women, it is undeniable that it can also lead into suffering, specifically because of the changes that your body will undergo. In this case, there is a need to invest in various pre-natal accessories, such as a pregnancy pillow. With the latter, your rest, comfort and health will be prioritized.
However, it is important to keep in mind that not all pregnancy pillows are created the same. You need to find one that can provide excellent support for the hip, stomach, and back. It should be made from high-quality materials that can offer ventilation. It is also important to pick one that is ideal for your specific body type and sleeping position.
If you are searching for the best pregnancy pillow, allow us to extend a helping hand. Keep on reading and we will provide you with insights on some of the best models that are available in the market. We will also give you information on the essential factors that should be taken into consideration, giving you the assurance of making a decision that you will not regret.
Top 5 Best Pregnancy Pillows
|Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow||C-shaped||5.5 pounds|
|Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow||U-shaped||7 pounds|
|PharMeDoc Total Body Pillow||C-shaped||7 pounds|
|Junior Size – Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow||U-shaped||4.7 pounds|
|J Shaped- Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow||J-shaped||6 pounds|
**Below, you’ll find more detailed reviews, but you can click these links above to see current prices.
Why You Should Buy a Pregnancy Pillow
A pregnancy pillow is not just a luxury for pregnant mothers, but a need. It can deliver a wealth of benefits, with the most important of which being its ability to provide the highest level of comfort. With your growing belly, discomfort is one thing that you have to deal with during pregnancy, but such should not be too much of a burden if you are using the right kind of pillow.
With the right pillow, the stress on the belly will be reduced, making it beneficial not only for you, but also for the baby. Your mornings will surely be better and incidences of pain will be reduced. By helping you keep the right position, your sleep will surely be more rejuvenating.
Pregnancy pillows are available in various shapes and sizes. In addition, many are also very economical, which means that there should be no excuse for you to not have one.
Types of Pregnancy Pillow
- Full-Length Pregnancy Pillow: This is perhaps the most popular option that is available in the market. It offers comprehensive support from the toe to the head. More often than not, it is between five to six feet in length. It can be wrapped around to body for maximum comfort.
- Wedge Maternity Pillow: These pillows are available in small triangular shapes and they are meant to provide support for the specific part of the body. More commonly, it is positioned below the stomach. It can also be effective in reducing pressure and pain on the back.
- Bean-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow: They come in the shape of a bean and there are straps on both sides and will also provide support for the stomach. Once your belly becomes heavier, this pillow will be able to offer the support that you need.
- Shaped Maternity Pillows: You can generally choose from J, C, U, and V-shaped pillows. Among these options, the J-shaped pillow offers the least support. If you want more comprehensive support for the body, especially for the stomach and the back, U and V-shaped pillows are highly recommended.
- Flexible Maternity Pillows: If you are looking for one that can prove to be best when it comes to versatility, this is one option that should not be missed. As the name implies, since it is flexible, its shape can be changed depending on your specific preferences.
Best Materials for Pregnancy Pillows
If you are looking for the best pregnancy pillow, you should differentiate one from the other based on the materials that they use. In this case, the following are some of the options that can be considered:
- Hypoallergenic Fillings: Your health matters during your pregnancy, basically because it will also be indicative of the health of your baby. If you are prone to allergies, this is perhaps the best material that can be taken into account.
- Memory Foam: The good thing about this pillow is that it responds to the pressure that is applied into it, making it possible to take the shape of the body of the person who is using such. It is made from a synthetic material that allows the pillow to provide personalized fit and comfort.
- Organic Fillings: Some of the organic materials that are often used in pregnancy pillows include cotton and wheat. This is the perfect choice for those who prefer the distinct smell of organic materials. They are also eco-friendly.
Essential Factors to Consider
Make sure to consider the factors mentioned below before making a final choice:
- Price: While it may be tempting to choose the cheapest option that is available, it is important to look beyond price. More often than not, price will be determined by the specific brand that you will choose, the materials that are used, and the overall quality of the pillow.
- Ease of Cleaning: Even if you will be pregnant for just a couple of months, pregnancy pillows can be used after you have already given birth. In this case, it will be good if you can choose one that is effortless to clean, making it a breeze to retain its quality and functionality.
- Body Type: Your body shape and frame should be also taken into consideration. For instance, if you are a plus-size woman, you will also need a larger pillow that is symmetrical to the shape of your body.
- Sleeping Position: You should also consider if you sleep on your side, back, or stomach. Choose a pregnancy pillow that is right for your preferred sleeping position to reduce the possibility of suffering from body pain.
- Feedback: If you are clueless about which one is the best option that is available, you should consult with what other people have to say. Consult online reviews or ask from mothers you personally know for their recommendations. Through their insights and experiences, it will be easier to make the right decision.
Pregnancy Pillow Reviews
The best thing about this pregnancy pillow is its ability to offer full body support. In fact, it can take the place of as much as five regular body pillows. Hence, you can expect comprehensive support from head to toe.
With a unique C-shape, your quality of sleep will surely be improved with the use of this pillow. The specific parts of the body that it targets include back, hips, and the tummy. Given its shape, it can be used even after you have given birth as it can offer a comfortable place for nursing your little one.
Versatility is one more thing that we liked about this pillow. While it is often used for sleeping, there are other applications wherein it can prove to be equally useful. For instance, you can have it curled and it can be used as a seat when you are watching TV or reading a book.
When it comes to the materials that are used, this model is also commendable. The filling is made from 100% polyester fiber. The cover, on the other hand, is made from 65% polyester and 35% cotton. Meanwhile, the inner liner is made from 100% polyester fiber.
The back and the tummy are two of the parts of the body that require extensive support during pregnancy, especially as you sleep. With such, this pillow will surely prove to be an excellent addition in the bedroom as it can minimize the pain that you feel in your back and belly.
The shape of this pillow is another feature that you will surely love. There is no need to use multiple pillows to cradle the different parts of the body. Even if you turn left or right during your sleep, the pillow can provide the support that you need.
According to those who have already used this pillow in the past, it is effective not only for the reduction of pain in the back and tummy, but it can also minimize the incidences of heartburn, nasal congestion, sciatica, and carpal tunnel.
The pillow is made from a blend of 65% polyester and 35% cotton. It also comes with a cover that is made from materials that are excellent even for those who frequently suffer from allergic reactions.
Back pain, shoulder aches, and sore neck – these are just some of the problems that are commonly encountered by pregnant women. These can be attributed to a number of reasons, and one of such would be the use of the wrong pillow. With this pillow, on the other hand, you no longer have to be burdened with pain as it can provide exceptional support from the head to the toe.
The zippered removable cover is one more thing that you will definitely like about this product. When it is dirty, you can easily remove the cover and have it washed, making it effortless to maintain its quality even through extended period of use.
The cotton fabric that is used in this pillow is also commendable. More than just being durable, cotton is known for its ability to provide the highest level of comfort. It improves air circulation, and hence, making it excellent when it comes to versatility.
Because your health is of utmost importance during your pregnancy, it is paramount to choose a pillow that is made from the right materials. This specific model is free form BPA, lead, phthalate, and other materials that can prove to be toxic.
When choosing the best pregnancy pillow, one of the most important things to consider would be the comfort that it can provide. In the case of this pillow, it is commendable when it comes to softness, which also makes it comfortable.
The pillow can make your sleep better, regardless of whatever position you will be sleeping. Whether you sleep on your side or back, you will surely be happy to know that it can still make you comfortable.
Are you looking for a pillow that can be excellent when it comes to durability? If yes, this is one option that should not be missed. The manufacturer makes use of the highest quality materials, making sure that they will withstand long-term use.
While this is marketed as a pillow that is perfect for women who are pregnant, a lot of customers have also expressed how happy they are because of its versatile applications. For people with special needs, such as those with cerebral palsy, this can also prove to be an excellent pillow.
Regular pillows are not recommended to be used during pregnancy, basically because of the inferior support that they can provide for the body. With this pillow, on the other hand, you can be assured that your mornings will be better and you do not have to suffer from excruciating pain, specifically on the back, hips, and belly.
Among others, the J-shape of this pillow is one thing that we would like to commend. Regardless of your position when you are sleeping, you can be sure that it can provide the support that is needed by your body. Even with tossing and turning, comfort is one thing that you should not be worried about.
The pillow comes with a zippered case. When the cover is stained or when it accumulates dirt, it should be cleaned the soonest so that it will not be a breeding ground of bacteria. Cleaning should never be a problem as the cover is machine-washable.
If you prefer bigger pillows, you can never go wrong with this one. Because it is large, we have also seen a lot of positive feedbacks with regards to the overall body support that it can provide, making it able to replace multiple pillows.
Best Pregnancy Pillow Infographic
By now, it should be easier for you to make a decision for the best pregnancy pillow. At all times, price should not be the sole factor that should affect your decision. To make things easier for you, stick to the five recommendations that we have mentioned above. Based on our evaluation and feedbacks from other people, we are confident to say that they are indeed amongst the best you will ever find.